Welsh Government Funded Childcare Offer
Entitlement Application Form
This form is to apply for up to 20 hours of government-funded childcare that complements your Foundation Phase Nursery Provision for three and four year olds of working parents for up to 48 weeks of the year. In order to apply for the Childcare Offer, you will need to complete the form in full and sign where indicated to confirm your understanding and agreement to the relevant terms and conditions.
Eligible children will be able to access the offer from the beginning of the term following their third birthday until the September following their fourth birthday when they begin full-time education.
Parents are eligible for the government-funded childcare if at least one parent resides in one of the pilot areas and meets one or more of the following criteria:
- All parents, or co-habiting couples, in the household work the equivalent of at least 16 hours at national living wage or national minimum wage.
- One parent is employed and one parent has substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring;
- Both parents are employed but one or both parents are temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity, paternity or adoption leave;
- Both parents are employed but one or both parents are temporarily away from the workplace on statutory sick pay;
- One parent is employed and one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on receipt of specific benefits;
- One or both parents is newly self-employed, and within the initial start-up period of 12 months.
Definition of an eligible working parent
The term working parent refers to parents and guardians, step-parents and long-term live in partners within a household.
To access the online eligibility checker please visit the following link:
Alternatively, the Family Information Service can advise you if you are eligible to apply. Please contact them on 01792 517222 / FIS@swansea.gov.uk
Please note: The Welsh Government are only piloting the government-funded childcare offer in limited areas within Swansea. Making an application does not guarantee a place
Right of Appeal
Should you believe that you have been unfairly refused a place on the scheme, you have the right to appeal against that decision. In the first instance, please contact The Family Information Service on 01792 517222
If the matter cannot be resolved by Swansea Council, the matter will ultimately be decided by Welsh Government.