Welsh Government Funded Childcare Offer
Entitlement Application Form
This form is to apply for up to 20 hours of government-funded childcare that compliments your Foundation Phase Nursery Provision for three and four year olds of working parents for up to 48 weeks of the year. In order to apply for the Childcare Offer, you will need to complete the form in full and sign where indicated to confirm your understanding and agreement to the relevant terms and conditions.
Eligible children will be able to access the offer from the beginning of the term following their third birthday until the September following their fourth birthday when they begin full-time education.
Parents are eligible for the government-funded childcare if they reside in Swansea and meets one or more of the following criteria:
Definition of a working parent
Definition of a parent in education or training
Definition of an eligible parent
A parent is eligible to receive the Offer if:
- they have an eligible child within the age range;
- they meet the definition of a working parent or a parent in education or training;
- they live in Wales.
An eligible working parent is one who is:
- Earning at least the equivalent of 16 hours per week at the National Minimum Wage / National Living wage (including apprentices);
- Earning no more than 100k per annum.
An eligible parent in education and training is one who is:
- enrolled on an under graduate or post graduate course at a Higher Education Institution (or one which is delivered via distance learning), that is at least one semester in length
- enrolled on course at a Further Education Institution, that is at least one term in length.
To access the online eligibility checker please visit the following link:
Alternatively, the Family Information Service can advise you if you are eligible to apply. Please contact them on 01792 517222 / FIS@swansea.gov.uk
Please note: Making and application does not guarantee your funding, and you must wait to receive your funding offer before making childcare arrangements with your chosen registered childcare provider.
Right of Appeal
Should you believe that you have been unfairly refused a place on the scheme, you have the right to appeal against that decision. In the first instance, please contact The Family Information Service on 01792 517222
If the matter cannot be resolved by Swansea Council, the matter will ultimately be decided by Welsh Government.